Whiting Park5820 Lake Shore Road
Boyne City, MI 49712
+1 (231) 582-7040
Description and Local Attractions
OUR COVID RESPONSE:
Due to State restrictions, our Shower and Bathroom Facilities will not be availble until further notice. Portable Restrooms and hand washing stations are availble in the Campground and will be disinfected daily..
In addition, we are not accepting reservations for the Green Building or the Log Cabin. If you have reserved a building and we are still not open by your reserved date(s), you will receive a full refund of the rental fee.
We encourage all campers and beach-goers to continue to follow CDC Guidelines to enjoy a safe, healthy, and happy summer in beautiful Northern Michigan.
Whiting Park is located on Lake Charlevoix in Eveline Township, between Boyne City and Ironton. It is situated on approximately 240 acres of beautiful forest with 4 miles of hiking trails. The park includes a campground with 56 campsites, 15 of which are universally accessible and 11 of those are equipped with electric, up to 50 amp service. Sites 1, 2, 22-25, 29-31, and 36-58 are non-reservable, first come-first serve only and will not appear available on the reservation system.
The campsites are all located on or near one-half mile of Lake Charlevoix beach. A pump-out station and potable water are available.
Whiting Park also has rental facilities, including a large pole building (with a kitchen) that seats up to 250 people, a classic 1940's log cabin that seats up to 60 people, and two secluded pavilions with picnic tables and electricity. A children's playground and more picnic tables are located in the open area near the log cabin. Horsehoe pits are also availble for the competitive type or for those who are picking up the shoes for the first time. These facilities are perfect for a wedding reception, family reunion, graduation party, or company picnic. We look forward to hosting you very soon!
Because of the high lake water levels, the handicap accessible kayak launch has not been installed, please stay away from this area.
Our trails are still available for your enjoyment! Please do your best to maintain social distancing when encountering others.
We will do our best to keep you updated on any changes, delays or closures. We appreciate your understanding in these challenging times and remember, we are all in this together.
Events and Activities
- Boyne City Farmer's Market every Wednesday and Saturday from 8am to 12pm in Veteran's Park
- City of Charlevoix, Monday Night Farmer's Market through Spetember 7th from 4pm to 7pm
- City of Charlevoix Farmer's Market every Thursday through October 1st from 8am to 1pm
- Check out what's happening at Horton Bay's Lavender Hill Farm Lavender Hill Farm Calandar
- Experience the Historic Ironton Ferry, just 5 miles North of Whiting Park. Provides daily trips across the Ironton Narrows, which take approximately 10 minutes round trip. Generally, the season runs from early/mid April to the day before Thanksgiving, weather permitting. Crossings begin at 6:30 am and continue to 10:30 pm daily. $3.00 per car, $0.50 per person (w/o car or bicycle), and $1.00 per person with bicycle.