Description and Local Attractions
Built in 1901 to provide electricity to nearby mines, it is the oldest hydroelectric generating site on the Snake River. The old power house is now a museum that is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each Saturday from April 15 to Labor Day.
The Swan Falls day-use area includes:
- A picnic area with tables and a covered shelter
- Garbage service
- Accessible restroom facilities
- Fishing docks
- Interpretive signs
All facilities are open to the public without discrimination.
Contact Idaho Power: