Hells Canyon Area - Hells Canyon ParkOxbow Oregon
46 mi NW of Cambridge, ID 83610
Description and Local Attractions
Hells Canyon Park is located on the Idaho side of Hells Canyon Reservoir six miles downriver of Oxbow Oregon. The park is landscaped with 15 acres of manicured lawn, shade trees, and a paved road through the park. Click here for: Water Information
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time)
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time)
Harmful algae blooms (HABs) occur in every region of the United States with over 50% of states reporting a HAB every year in a freshwater body. Blooms can occur from early March through October. Southwest District Health Idaho Power will not issue refunds due to posted advisories.
- 22 RV sites w/ water & electric hookups
- Restroom facilities with showers
- Picnic tables and fire rings available at waterfront RV and tent sites only
- Four dry-camp sites with electric hookups near the boat ramp (no water or fire rings)
- Three large waterfront dry-camp sites w/ picnic tables & fire rings (no electric)
- Large turf area accommodates 7 walk-in tent sites with picnic tables & fire rings
- Concrete boat ramp with docks and ADA fishing pier
- Public telephone, garbage service and RV dump station
Campsites must be occupied by people. No reserving sites for equipment only.
Visitors cannot move from one campsite to another without permission from Park Staff. No exceptions.
Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any OHV’s in campgrounds. No exceptions.
A reserved campsite will be held until 1 p.m. MDT on the second day of the reservation. If a customer does not arrive at the park, or call 1-844-472-7275 to cancel by the day after the initial reservation arrival date, they will be marked as a No Show and will not be eligible for any refund.
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed to cancel a reservation
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations
- Guests can cancel a reservation 48 hours prior to arrival date for a refund of campsite fees either by logging on the reservation system, click account/profile name or by calling 1-844-472-7275
Idaho Power owns and maintains four developed campgrounds in Hells Canyon. All parks have full-time maintenance personnel. Informational, historical, and educational signs are present at various locations throughout the Hells Canyon Complex. The parks are open year-round with reduced rates during the off-season from November 1 through March 30.
Contact Idaho Power: