Hells Canyon Area - Copperfield ParkOregon Hwy 86
Oxbow, OR 97840
Description and Local Attractions
Copperfield Park is located on the Oregon side of Hells Canyon Reservoir near the community of Oxbow, Oregon. There are 12 acres of manicured lawn, paved roads, terraced landscaping, and numerous trees throughout the park. Click here for: Water Information
Check-in time is 2 p.m. MDT (local park time)
Check-out time is 1 p.m. MDT (local park time)
Harmful algae blooms (HABs) occur in every region of the United States with over 50% of states reporting a HAB every year in a freshwater body. Blooms can occur from early March through October. Southwest District Health Idaho Power will not issue refunds due to posted advisories.
- 59 RV sites w/ water & electricity
- Ten tent sites (no electricity)
- Restroom facilities w/ showers
- Fire rings & picnic tables
- Garbage and recycling service
- Public pay phone
- RV dump station
- Additional vehicle parking available
Campsites must be occupied by people. No reserving for equipment only.Visitors cannot move from one campsite to another without permission from Park Staff. No exceptions.Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any OHV’s in campgrounds. No exceptions.
The boat launch and docks are located approximately one-half mile downstream of the park, on the Oregon side of Hells Canyon Reservoir on Homestead Rd.
A reserved campsite will be held until 1 p.m. MDT on the second day of the reservation. If a customer does not arrive at the park, or call 1-844-472-7275 to cancel by the day after the initial reservation arrival date, they will be marked as a No Show and will not be eligible for any refund.
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed to cancel a reservation
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations
- Guests can cancel a reservation 48 hours (2 days) prior to arrival date for a refund of campsite fees either by logging on the reservation system, click account/profile name or by calling 1-844-472-7275
Idaho Power owns and maintains four developed campgrounds in Hells Canyon. All parks have full-time maintenance personnel. Informational, historical, and educational signs are present at various locations throughout the Hells Canyon Complex. The parks are open year-round with reduced rates during the off-season from November 1 through March 30.
In addition to the developed parks, Idaho Power maintains several impromptu camping and access areas adjacent to project waters and within the project boundary. Available at some are portable toilets, garbage service, and unimproved boat launching facilities. All facilities are open to the public without discrimination.
Contact Idaho Power: