CJ Strike Area - Scout ParkStrike Dam Cut-Off Road
24 mi S of Mt Home, ID 83604
Description and Local Attractions
Scout Park provides visitors with 10 acres of recreational opportunities located directly below C.J. Strike dam. No electric hook-ups. Fourteen-day stay limit. C.J. Strike is located on the Snake River southwest of Mountain Home, Idaho. The reservoir extends from the dam up the Snake River approximately 32 miles, and 12 miles on the Bruneau River. Click here for: Water Information
RV dump stations are open for summer season 2019
Potable water is available at the RV Dump Station
- 33 universal campsites and 3 designated tent sites (No Electricity Available)
- Restroom, picnic tables, fire rings (No Water Hookups)
- Large grass area and group picnic shelter
- Waterfront walking path and day-use parking area
- RV dump station and garbage service
Visitors cannot move from one campsite to another without permission from Park Staff - No exceptions
Visitors must have a State Issue Disability Sticker or ADA Placard to operate ATV's or any off-highway vehicle in campgrounds - No exceptions.
Two RV dump stations are available (1) near the Power Plant and (2) at the C.J. Wildlife Management Headquarters. The RV dump stations are closed during the winter season.
A reserved campsite will be held until 1 p.m. MDT on the second day of the reservation. If a customer does not arrive at the park, or call 1-844-472-7275 to cancel by the day after the initial reservation arrival date, they will be marked as a No Show and will not be eligible for any refund.
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed for online reservations
- A non-refundable service fee of $10 will be assessed to cancel a reservation
- A non-refundable reservation service fee of $15 will be assessed for phone reservations
- Guests can cancel a reservation 48 hours prior to arrival date for a refund of campsite fees either by logging on the reservation system, click account/profile name or by calling 1-844-472-7275
Locust Park is first come first serve, No reservations, no water, no electric. Fees are collected on site. The park includes three acres of turf and trees with undefined RV and tent camping sites, a vault toilet and interpretive information. The park is located below C.J. Strike Dam.
Recreation facilities at C.J. Strike have been developed and furnished by Idaho Power as a public service. All facilities are open to the public without discrimination.
All other recreation areas near the reservoir are managed by the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, Bureau of Land Management or the United States Air Force.
Contact Idaho Power: