Batmans Cottages and Campground11408 Hwy #6
Sheguiandah, ON P0P 1W0
+1 (705) 368-2180
Description and Local Attractions
COVID 19 Update; Starting Friday, June 12, 2020 we will be open for overnight camping for self contained units only ( has own toilet/shower)
At this time we won't be having our bathroom and shower houses open due to the uncertainty of COVID 19. We want to make sure our guests and staff are protected.
For anyone tenting; This may change in the summer, but we would recommend waiting to make a reservation at this time. We will update on our website and Facebook page.
Our Cottages are available for renting please call 705-368-2180.
Escape and Discover an area perfect for an enriching camping experience. Safe, clean and fun. Family Camping at it’s best on Manitoulin Island!
To provide exceptional customer service in a friendly, clean and fun family campground, while creating family memories to last a lifetime.
Manitoulin Island is the largest freshwater island in the world and has the most spectacular natural scenery providing something for everyone. One night isn't enough time to explore the island and our location is perfect to make day trips.
While staying at Batman’s enjoy all of these conveniences:
- Waterfront Cottages
- We can accommodate 45 ft Motor Homes
- 30/50 amp sites
- Large Waterfront or Treed sites available
- Pull Throughs ( PT) / 30 amp/water hook ups
- Full Hook ups available
- Mobile Pump-out Truck available
- Dumping Station
- Non Service or service tenting sites available
- Clean Modern Washrooms and Shower Houses
- Free WIFI, Sauna
- Hiking Trail
- Fishing boats, Stand Up Paddle Boards, paddle boats, kayaks and canoe rentals.
- Sheltered marina, gas, launching ramp, docking, live bait, freezer service, fish cleaning hut
- groceries, souvenirs
- public telephone
- Recreation Hall ( see below)
Why the name “Batmans”?
Batman’s Cottages and Campground was founded by Ralph Batman in 1969. Batman’s started as a family operated campground and continues to this date as a family operated campground. Andre and Lisa purchased in 2008.
Everything you need is here!
We have a main sandy beach known as Sunset Beach, with beautiful sunsets, a swim up dock with a gradual entry into the clear, refreshing waters of Sheguiandah Bay, Lake Huron.
Sunrise waterfront is a natural lakefront setting offering breathtaking views of the sunrises, the La Cloche Mountains and a shallow swimming area. This is where our Pull Through sites are located. The sunrise waterfront isn't the main swimming area, this is on the Sunset Beach.
Events and Activities
Recreation hall offers:
- Pool table
- Video Machines
- Ping Pong
- Pin Ball
Enjoy the outdoors with:
- Hiking Trail, Sauna
- Large playground
Bring your own boat, rent one of ours or fish off of our pier. Guests of all ages have fun trying to catch that “big one”.
The species available are; Musky, Northern Pike, Perch, Salmon, Rainbow Trout, Lake Trout, Pickerel, Bass.
To help you out we sell live bait.
Hi-speed wireless internet available.
Yes, cell phones will work here!
Batman's 2020 Annual Campground Events
Due to COVID -19 Most Events are postponed to 2021WED, July 1st - Our 12th Annual Batman’s Canada Day Pancake Breakfast-Cancelled
SAT & SUN, July 4 & 5 Our 13th Annual Fish Derby ( TBA- Ontario Family Free-Fishing Week - no fishing license required). Running
SAT, July 11 - Our 15th Annual Fish Fry with Entertainment.-Cancelled
SAT, Aug 15 – Our 5th Annual Pig & Corn Roast with Live Entertainment, 13th Annual Sand Castle Contest-Cancelled
Sept Long weekend, Sept 5 if it rains then Sept. 6- Annual Golf Tournament 10:00 a.m. @ Rainbow Ridge Golf Course- Pending
SEE THE BULLETIN BOARD AT THE STORE FOR FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT THE ABOVE EVENTS
EVERYONE STAYING AT BATMAN’S IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE IN THESE EVENTS.
Local 2020 Island Events
• Annual Manitoulin Passage Ride – POSTPONED TILL June 5& 6, 2021 for more information www.manitoulincycling.com
• Haweater Weekend www.manitoulin.ca & Wikwemikong Cultural Pow Wow – Aug. 1- Aug. 3 www.circletrail.com All Cancelled
• Sheguiandah Pow Wow - July 4 -5- Cancelled
•Country Music Festival - Aug 6-9 www.manitoulincountryfest.com- Cancelled
Rockin' The Rock- Aug 14 & 15 www.rockintherock.ca- Cancelled
2019 Manitoulin Island Pow Wow Events TBA Soon for 2020
• Please note some of the dates below are subject to change;
• June 1 – 2 Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation Traditional
• June 15 – 16 TBC- Wikwemikong First Nation Traditional
• June 15 – 16 Sheshegwaning First Nation Traditional
• July 5– 7 Sheguiandah First Nation Traditional
July 12, 13 & 14 Sagamok Anishnawbek Traditional
• August 3 - 4 – 5 Wikwemikong 55th Annual Cultural
Aug 17- 18 Whitefish River First Nation Traditional
• Aug. 31 and Sept 1 M’Chigeeng First Nation Traditional
For more information on the Pow Wows please contact www.circletrail.com
or call 1-877-710-3211